Currently, I have the following works in progress:
Book Chapter Under Review: Okner, T. and Preston, R. (2015) Smart Cities and the Symbiotic Relationship between Citizen Engagement and Smart Governance. Smart Cities: Foundations and Principles’ (Wiley).
Article Under Review: Okner, T. (2013) The role of normative frameworks in municipal urban agriculture policy. Natures Sciences Sociétés.
Paper in Preparation: Okner, T. (2014) A Case Study on CGIAR & the Global Alliance on Climate Smart Agriculture.
In the past, I covered food policy for Triple Pundit from 2008-2010, and as a guest blogger periodically thereafter.
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work as a research assistant on Jonathan Safran Foer’s new book Eating Animals. A non-fiction narrative on food choice and vegetarianism, it was recently named one of TIME magazine’s top “50 Things to See, Hear, and Do This Fall”.
As a former Legal Assistant at the Center for Reproductive Rights, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to research, edit, and work on the production of a number of their recent publications.
- At Risk: Rights Violations of HIV-Positive Women in Kenyan Health Facilities
- Broken Promises: Human Rights, Accountability, and Maternal Death in Nigeria
- Imposing Misery: The Impact of Manila’s Contraception Ban on Women and Families
- Failure to Deliver: Violations of Human Rights in Kenyan Health Facilities
- Gaining Ground; A Tool for Advancing Reproductive Rights Law Reform